Top Reasons to Buy a Home
Rick & Rick Strohm, Jr.
September 1, 2011
Home ownership is not for everyone, but it should be! There are numerous reasons to own a home vs renting a property, but here are just a few:
- Savings. There a tons of savings that you will find with owning a home - hey, you're not throwing your money away on rent!
- Tax Breaks. Many homeowners are still able to take the mortgage interest deduction (MID) each year, plus they get other great rebates and credits associated with upgrades made to your home.
- Equity. Paying a landlord is throwing your money down the drain. You may purchase a $200,000 home and you still owe $100,000, but that means that you have $100,000 worth of equity! You're not just throwing your money away.
- Budgeting. When you get a fixed mortgage payment (i.e. $1,000/month) you will be able to budget your money better. You know that payment is due every month and you can plan accordingly.
- Security. When you own a home...it's yours! You can paint, decorate and improve the home/property. This is yours to enjoy for life....as long as you choose to own the home/property.
Those are just a few reason to why owning a home is better than renting. If you have any questions email me at firstname.lastname@example.org