Home Improvement Projects - Get Top Dollar For Your Home
Rick & Rick Strohm, Jr.
September 30, 2011
You're selling your home, right? Let me guess...you want to get "top dollar" for your home, correct? Of course you do. Obviously, this will increase the chances of selling your property faster. A simple investment in home improvement projects have been show to have a big impact on potential buyers. The only negative side is that it will cost you some money, time and effort to accomplish these home improvement projects.The upside, for little expense you can get more money for your home!
- Painting. By adding a fresh coat of paint to walls and ceilings you can increase your home's appeal to potential buyers. You will want to pick white or neutral tones, this will help lighten your rooms. Plus, this will give the new buyers a fresh palette to work with! Painting instantly removes scuffs and dings, just gives your home a more polished feel. Also, painting the exterior gives your home more curb appeal and makes your home seem more inviting.
- Landscaping. Curb appeal is a big deal and first impressions matter! Think about landscaping your property, making sure the bushes/shrubs are trimmed and manicured. Keep this landscaping low-key and low maintenance. Buyers will not want to weed the garden area constantly. Think clean, elegant and simple.
- Cleaning and de-cluttering. Potential buyers want to walk into a home and be able to view the homes as "theirs". You will want to remove family photos from the walls. It is nice that you appreciate the family photos, but again buyers will want to envision their family on the walls...not yours! De-clutter the living areas of your home, buyers are coming to evaluate your homes space. Make sure the home is cleaned. Make sure your home is in "show" condition - vacuum, dust, etc.
- Repair damage. Make sure your home, again, is in "show" condition. Fix all plumbing leaks, remove any water stains from previous leaks and repair anything that might look like a "problem area". This is very important because potential buyers will leave your property if they feel there might be an issue.
- Staging your home. This will make a dramatic difference in ensuring that you get top dollar for your home/property. Talk with me, Rick Strohm, about other things you can do to improve your homes showing condition by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remove personal belongings and replace with artwork, decor and cleaner-looking furniture
- Paint scratched walls, wall coverings and landscape